Friday, 10 January 2014

L4GYouth goes Live!!


The 9th of January 2014 was doubly special for Link for Growth this year as it not only saw the 2nd anniversary of L4G itself but also the much talked about birth of L4GYouth. I’m sure most of you who are regulars to the forum have read my post on why I got involved and also +ChrisOgle’s blog on why L4GYouth is needed. For anyone who may have slipped through the cracks, the link to these will be at the bottom of the blog.

The first meeting of L4GYouth will be on Tuesday 28th January in Moon under Water in Watford between 6-9pm. Joining me and Chris on the project will be +A1DigitalMedia, also known as Aiden Nichols who at 22, will be helping me organise, run and grow L4GYouth. I urge anyone under 25 in the Watford area who is reading this to pop by, say hello and spend some time talking to us about what you’re passionate about and what L4GYouth is all about. Also, if you know of anyone who would benefit from what we are doing with L4GYouth, do not hesitate in having them contact me and see how we can work together. The link for the event of EventBrite is at the bottom of the page.

This week also saw Chris and I meet Richard Harrington, who is the MP for Watford. I am very grateful for Chris allowing me to join him at the meeting and I felt that Richard saw the potential in our project and has in part committed to coming along to a future event in the next month or so. With the support of people like Richard and Chris, it will not take long for L4G to grow and help to solve the issues and problems that young people face in Watford today.

I also had the pleasure this week in an email conversation with +JatinderBhogal who is running a similar program with a younger age group. He is looking to have a feedback session this weekend and has said he will let me know how he gets on. I’m sure there can and will be crossover between our two programs and I look forward to possibly meeting him in person on the 28th. I’m sure i may have missed something and someone but it’s been one of those weeks for me and L4GYouth.

Next week is just as busy for L4GYouth as I go to L4GDrinks evenings in Piccadilly and in Watford where I am going to spread the word about L4GYouth and to find others who may be interesting in coming to events but also seeing whether anyone could be willing to come to the events to provide advice and guidance for the young people of Watford. With the skills and knowledge of people from L4G and the energy and passion that comes with being young, I’m sure that it won’t take long to change what is going on in Watford and make a difference. I hope you all have a good weekend and hope to catch up with some of you soon.

Links:
·         L4GYouth and Why I am Involved
·         L4GYouth by Chris Ogle
·         EventBrite Page