Sunday, 5 February 2017

Flourish local artisan Bakery

I heard about this place last week at one of the #Link4Coffee events and decided that we ought to check it out. Local independent baker, coffee shop... sounds like something we ought to know about!

So spoke with +David Sawyer and we arranged to take a trip there on Friday afternoon (3rd Feb) to check it out. This is not a place you would stumble upon out of the blue as it is buried at the back of the Greycaines industrial estate... where Jones Cable and Bell Cable Media used to be if you are an old local like me...

The venue is open to the public between 8:00 and 4:00pm 7 days a week ... Catch their story here...

So as usual I was 5 or 10 mins late and David had already arrived... a Latte was waiting which I have to say was very good and at £2.20 also very competitive. I arrived at 2:10pm and although you could be forgiven for thinking lunchtime was over the place was buzzing. I think being on an industrial estate may make it unusual for passing trade but there are plenty of businesses around there so a bit of a captive audience.

Fresh scent of Baked bread always does it for me and no shortage of that... the bakery is extensive and as their story shares they now hire some 40 people.

David had already consumed his food by the time I got there, myself, I indulged in a Quiche which was exceptionally tasty. Another coffee some interesting and fruitful conversation and... contact details to talk about possible having a Link4Coffee here too... maybe between 9:30-11:00 they are quieter on some days... we shall investigate...

One to try folks... bag yourself some bread while you are there too... lovely to see local independent bakeries such as this emerging... More opportunity to buy local....

Local 'NewToWatford' blogger also went along to flourish in December 2016 and took some great pictures... you can read more here...