How could we transition to a more healthy way of living and maybe avoid the blight of many of the more common ailments that appear all too frequently in our modern way of living?
Our health is the most important thing we have. Very often we only appreciate this when suddenly our good health is snatched away from us.
Many of us spend more time taking care of our car or house than we do of the only vehicle that really matters; our own physical body. Often we hear people say... my health let me down... really? ... or perhaps was it the irresponsible way we treated our body?
If we were able to
- Notice when things were going wrong with our body
- Become more aware of the needs of our body
- Make simple adjustments to improve the performance and reliability of our body
What are the ambitions for the SWHerts PHS (People's Health Service)?
- Encourage people to take more responsibility for their own health
- Prevention is better than cure. Reducing the burden on the NHS... a reduction by 10% would make a world of difference to the hard pressed health service.
- Weekly Health Hubs. Meet specialists, get information, make connections and get signposted
- Online Health Community. Meet practitioners and specialists, find out information, ask questions all from home or work.
Starting in September... initially bi-weekly... the South West Herts PHS (People's Health Service) will be operating in a local venue (TBA, but something like a local coffee shop). The idea is to make preventative care far more accessible to us all.
An electronic diary will be made available and shared so that specialists intending to make themselves available can do so. These will be hourly slots. People wishing to meet specialists can then come along at a time when they know someone will be there who can help them. All these information / signposting services will be offered for free.
We Need You!
This is a collaborative co-creation initiative. It's our chance to start helping each other. If you would like to get involved in helping this launch then please do get in touch via Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
All those who offer services aligned to the Health & Wellness industry are invited to participate (contact will be made during August) with the initiative. If you want to make contact and get ahead then do Email : email@example.com. 2 dates will be announced during August where anyone interested to find out more can come along. Those dates will be announced very shortly.
Summary of Services
- Regular meetings 'Get Health' days (weekly over time)
- Connect with a wide range of local health professionals
- Access throughout the day
- Online community to continue questions and conversation
For local health professionals
- Raise the awareness of how your services can be part of preventative care in the community
- Get Found: Local Health & Wellness services directory (free to use)
- Chance to meet local people in a non-pressure environment
There are some 3 million diabetics in this country and a conservative estimate of 2 million+ walking around undiagnosed. HBA1C is the most effective test for Diabetes and also to monitor that the condition is being managed effectively.
HBA1C testing has been severely cut via the NHS with type 1 diabetes sufferers receiving only 1 test per year and type 2 patients even less.
As part of 'taking responsibility' for our health we will be offering low cost HBA1C testing with hospital quality machine and other tests (over time) right into the community at these events. This enables anyone with the condition to obtain tests when it suits them as often as they wish.
If you are involved in any of the areas below (not exclusive to these)... or any complementary area... then please do get involved...
Nutritionists, weight loss consultants, Homeopathy, Essential Oils, Acupuncture, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Energy workers (Reiki, Crystals, Sound, Magnotherapy), Massage, Amatsu, Mindfulness, Meditation, Yoga, Pilates, Fitness, Exercise (Gyms / Spinning / Zumba), Hypnotherapists, Counselors, Psychiatrists, Life Coaches, First Aid specialists, Alexander Technique specialists
also... anyone involved in Charities such as Age concern, Alzheimers, Dementia, Stroke Support, Cancer, Diabetes, Heart, Disability, Family support, Children, are more than welcome to participate.
The more information we can collate and make available through an easy to access online portal the better. People will be on hand during the PHS 'Get Health' days to share how to find the information / connections you need too.